TETRAGON SA activities and projects combine Architecture, Design, Art and Communication. The company up to this moment:
- Has taken over the design and implementation of a large number of museums (archaeological, historical, of natural history, thematic, etc.), cultural spaces, and environmental infrastructure.
- Has developed, in a series of museums and other projects, a large number of audiovisual, interactive and digital applications and products, with an emphasis into new technologies and innovation.
- Has taken over the design and construction of important travelling cultural exhibitions like the AEGEAN – Creation of An Archipelago exhibition, which is currently hosted in the National Hellenic Museum in Chicago, and the IDEA – Ancient Greek Science and Technology at NOESIS in Thessaloniki.
- Has designed and implemented many exhibitions and exhibition events in Greece and abroad, for state and private sector institutions like the Greek National Tourism Organization, Enterprise Greece, Cyprus Tourism Organization, Ministry of Culture, Attiko Metro, PPC (Public Power Corporation), OTE Group, etc.
- Design and implementation of complex brand identity applications, communication presence and promotion, with an emphasis on the use of new audiovisual media.
- Has successfully participated, in the business venture “Human Resources Development” by the General Secretariat of Research and Technology.
- Has undertaken under NSRF 2014-2020 and in collaboration with Greek research centers and universities, as well as with other companies – the implementation of ten research projects (Actions “Research-Design-Innovate” and “Bilateral and Multilateral R&T Greece-Germany Cooperation”).
TETRAGON is a member of the OCTANORM worldwide network (OSPI partner), the European network of science centers and museums ECSITE, and is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified. Its partners are members of ICOM (International Council of Museums), while the company employs 25 people and its creative departments are manned by architects, museologists, historians, archaeologists, designers, interior designers, graphic designers and technicians, with a high scientific training, expertise and experience.
The Department of Historical Geology-Paleontology of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens studies the disciplines of Historical Geology, Stratigraphy, Paleontology and Sedimentology, as well as numerous sub-disciplines thus providing a fundamental research and educational work in the Department of Geology and Geoenvironment. His fields of knowledge contribute to the knowledge of the evolution of life and biodiversity on the planet, the reconstruction of past environmental conditions, climate change and their impact on the living world.
The Department has the necessary infrastructure to create new knowledge through its research and its participation in research programs and collaborations with other institutions and laboratories in Greece and abroad. Many of these collaborations are characterized by an interdisciplinary approach and synergy with other disciplines, such as archaeology, history, museology and biology. Over the past ten years, members of the Department have made more than 250 publications and references in scientific journals, books and conferences. The Department also offers Postgraduate and Doctoral thesis.
Inside the Department there is located the homonymous Laboratory and the Museum of Paleontology and Geology. The latter is the oldest and richest paleontological museum in the country. Its collections include fossils of animals and plants from all over Greece. The artefacts are continuously multiplied from the life-saving and systematic excavations taking place in Greece and abroad. The Museum also includes educational and comparative collections, fossil-fuel conservation and a modelling unit.
The activities of the Department of Historical Geology-Paleontology are not only limited to research and education, but also contribute to the preservation of the geological heritage through the design and implementation of geoparks, museums and exhibitions (Lesvos Geopark, Museum of Prehistoric Thira, Museum of the Olive and Greek Olive Oil in Sparti, Museum of environment of Stimfalia, Paleontological Museum of Ptolemais, etc.).